<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Zot is the Quiztune havvermashed

So, I'm still deeply immersed in James Joyce's batshit insane "Finnegan's Wake" monstrosity, and I just got to Chapter 5 of Book 1 of the tome. It begins with "Annah the Allmaziful, the Everliving, the Bringer of Plurabilities" and her manifesto or, as it is referred to in the novel, "mamafesta". But it doesn't start with the actual content of the "mamafesta", but with 3 and a half pages of possible titles of said "mamafesta". Reading this, it came to me that some of these would make AWESOME song titles. Like, seriously. All these names are quite evocative and/or pretentious-sounding-enough to almost definitely be real prog-rock/post-hardcore/douchebag college indie songs. Check out some of this craziness:

Here's to the Relicts of Old Decencies
The Crazier Letters
A New Cure For an Old Clap
I Ask You to Believe I was his Mistress, He Can Explain
Where Portentos they'd Grow Gonder how I'd Wish I Woose a Geese
In My Lord's Bed by One Whore Went Through It
My Skin Appeals to Three Senses and My Curly Lips Demand Columbkisses
I'm the Stitch in His Backside You'd be Nought Without Mom
A Boob was Weeping This Mower was Reaping
A Pretty Brick Story for Childsize Heroes
Pimpimp Pimpimp
If my Spreadeagles Wasn't so Tight I'd Loosen my Cursits on that Bunch of Maggiestraps
Fine's Fault was no Felon
The Flash That Flies From Vuggy's Eyes has Set Me Hair on Fire
His is the House That Malt Made
As Tree is Quick and Stone is White So is My Washing Done by Night
My Golden One and My Selver Wedding
Which of your Hesterdays Mean Ye to Morra?
Thee Steps Forward, Two Stops Back
I hve not Stopped Water Where It Should Flow and I Know the Twentynine Names of Attrente

Seriously though, you can't tell me that at least SOME of those don't sound like tracks by Of Montreal. This is the wierdest book in the world, I swear to god.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?