<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday Random 10 (but really 20) XXVII: Almost There...

Another missed week here at Evil Thoughts, to which I truly apolog....no, you know what? Fuck that noise! I'm working my ass off at FedEx 6 days a week (and getting paid for 5) during our busiest Christmas season ever, trying to get all my final projects done for school, and trying to get an adequate amount of sleep so that I don't turn into some crazy demon with a death wish and no social filter whatsoever. So no, no apologies to you, dear reader: I'm tired as shit and you'll get updates when I'm GOOD AND GODDAMN READY!

That being said, here's what I've been up to, besides nose-to-the-grindstone-type stuff and writing about Bhopal India. Still reading through Finnegan's Wake, and I can *almost* see a storyline peeking through all the amazingly intricate prose, but Joyce does NOT wake it easy. Another example? Here you go:

"O Foenix culprit! Ex nickylow malo comes mickelmassed bonum. Hill, rill, ones in company, billeted, less be proud of. Breast high and bestride! Only for that these will not breathe upon Norronesen or Irenean the secrest of thier soorcelossness. Quarry silex, Homfrie Noanswa!"

See? Completely straightforward, isn't it?

Other than the book, I've taken whatever free time I have and have given it almost completely to season 3 of Lost. See, I don't ever watch TV; working 3rd shift kinda eliminates being up on the latest social trends and such. So I basically only catch up on cool-ass TV shows when they're released on DVD (or when my computer-savvy friends find them...*nudgenudge* *winkwink*) Let me just say, speaking as someone who's almost a year behind on this show...AWE-SOME. Everythig's just so goddamn intricate and interwoven....fuckin' FANTASTIC. This is seriously the greatest TV show I've ever watched....it is epic.

Also, Claire was really, really hot in her goth phase back home when she was in the car accident. Wow.

Lately, I've been on a huge Stephen Lynch kick; literally listening to every track available that he's recorded. Haven't heard of him, or anything he's done? Abraca-YOUTUBE!

Hooray! A Random is you!

1. Ol' Dirty Bastard - You Don't Want To Fuck With Me
2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
3. Def Leppard - Rock of Ages
4. Clutch - Pulaski Highway
5. Cowboy Bebop OST - Farewell Blues
6. Deftones - Pink Maggit
7. Between the Buried and Me - Us and Them
8. The Smashing Pumpkins - Daphne Descends
9. Korn - Faget
10. Beastie Boys - To All the Girls
11. Love Of Diagrams - The Pace Or the Patience
12. The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
13. Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
14. Blur - Girls & Boys
15. Dragonforce - Prepare For War
16. Filter - The Only Way Is the Wrong Way
17. Virt - Bedtime Story
18. Gnarls Barkley - Who Cares?
19. Butthole Surfers - Edgar
20. Metallica - Seek & Destroy

You know, just when I think iTunes can't possibly surprise me anymore, it throws me a curveball. Going from ODB to Johnny Cash to Def Leppard is seriously the most random, jarring sequence of songs I've ever seen come up. Three artists that are complete polar opposites of one another, that's what this Random is all about. After that awesome opening you go straight to the hardest-rockin' band in America, Clutch, with a track off thier most blues-oriented album to date. Segue into some sweet free jazz from the greatest anime series ever (take THAT, Neon Genesis Evangelion!). Followed by a selection from Deftones' masterpiece White Pony, and then a shockingly faithful Pink Floyd cover by a prog/death metal band with an incredible amount of talent. A nice, gothy Smashing Pumpkins track follows up, along with Korn's most popular song amongst thier fans, a short but sweet Beastie Boys track, and a quite obscure band off Matador Records. Some classic punk comes next, then the smoothest motherfucker on the planet, Al Green. Some really cool 90's Britpop (and actually, one of Blur's better tracks) and then, fuckin' DRAGONFORCE!; the single fastest band I have ever heard in my life. a track off Filter's worst album, some bizarre 8-bit techno and Gnarls Barkley up next, along with the crazy psychedelic drug-haze from early Butthole Surfers and then, ending with the most badass track off Metallica's very first album. This Random, just for the first three selections alone, gets a solid A. The rest is just icing on the proverbial cake.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?