<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday Random 10 (but really 20) XXV: American Overeating Day!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did. Got to spend some time with my cousin in scenic, hard-to-find Bantam, CT. Alright, wrap your head around this one: my cousin lives on a road that goes through three towns. Now, I got on this road in Morris, CT which borders Bantam. The numbers on this road started at 1 in Morris and started going up, until about 300. Then, at the Bantam town line, the numbers START OVER. It was the most confusing thing ever, I was at the correct address, but in the wrong town. I have to drive a mile down the road, to where the numbers started repeating to get to his house. How much sense does this make, exactly?

Anyways, turkey was carved, Super Mario Bros. 3 was played, pie had its own part of the day, it was awesome. Good times were had by all, and the family got a little closer. And the leftovers lasted all of 10 hours. What can I say?

Oh, and before I forget, tomorrow is Evil Brian Day, how are YOU celebratin'?

Here's my birthday eve Random!

1. Andre 3000 - Chronometrophobia
2. Kamikaze Hearts - Secret Handshake
3. Coal Chamber - First
4. Shadows Fall - Another Hero Lost
5. Norma Jean - Liarsenic
6. The White Stripes - I Can't Wait
7. Wilco - Sunken Treasure
8. 2 Pac - Life's So Hard
9. Rush - The Big Money
10. The Donnas - I Don't Care (So There)
11. Aphex Twin - meltphacc 6
12. Eighteen Visions - The Sweetest Memory
13. Nine Inch Nails - The Line Begins To Blur
14. Buena Vista Social Club - Candela
15. Notorious B.I.G. - Playa Hater
16. Serial Experiments Lain OST - Island in Video Cassette
17. Brand New - Handcuffs
18. Rise Against - Life's Less Frightening
19. Hot Hot Heat - Soldier In a Box
20. Better Than A Thousand - Live Today

Not too bad this week. Starting with a bouncy track off Outkast's dismally disappointing Idlewild album, then leading into the best indie/alt. country band in New York State: The Kamikaze Hearts. Some nu-metal wankery followed by thrashoholics Shadows Fall, then some decent christian hardcore and The Goddamn White Stripes. What follows, however, may be the best three-song set my random has ever come up with: Wilco to 2 Pac to Rush....all songs about money in one respect or another. The Donnas come in to sex everything up before Aphex Twin FUCKS everything up...god, I do love my crazy glitchy IDM techno. Eighteen Visions churns up some lame emo-crap...christ, what HAPPENED to them? Before they broke up, they just got completely, totally LAME. Anyways, you got a heaping helping of Trent Reznor's depressing audio dystopia before an awesome, jumpy, cheery sexy Cuban song by one of the greatest collection of musicians ever assembled and then the Big Poppa himself (wow, I managed to get both famous dead rappers on one Random! Nice!) A track off of an anime soundtrack followed by one of the most underappreciated bands working; Brand New. (I realize thier previous album wasn't exactly everyone's cup of tea, but the latest album "God and the Devil Are Raging Inside Me" is immaculate. Or an analogy for a gay threesome; either way works.) The Random ends with some punk, some new wave, and some classic hardcore respectively. Not a bad Random overall, not too much crap, a healthy amount of awesome....yeah, I'd give this one a solid B.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?